Westbury Area Board met last night (Thursday 10 October 2019) with many groups walking away happy having being awarded grants for their community projects as almost £12,000 was awarded in total.
Following the usual updates from partners and town/parish councils, the meeting heard from Allan Creedy (Head of Sustainable Transport – Wiltshire Council) who brought us up to date on the long strategy for the improvements to the A350 from the M4 down to the South Coast including the stretch through Westbury.
The meeting then went on to consider applications for community grants. The following groups were successful:
- Crosspoint, Westbury – Awarded £950 for refurbishment of their counselling room
- Bratton recreation ground management committee – awarded £1,550 for further improvements to the ground
- Westbury and District Cricket Club – awarded £980 for equipment for a new Ladies Section at the cricket club
- Cygnets Preschool – Awarded £1,000 to enable them to set up a new setting in Bratton
- Westbury Group Practice, patient participation group – Awarded £420 to help keep the Hearing Aid Repair Clinic running
- 100 years of social housing project group – awarded £500 to fund an exhibition celebrating the milestone
- Westbury Football Club – awarded £4,500 towards phase 2 of the improvements to their Redland lane ground
- Warminster and Westbury Youth Club – awarded £1,900 for equipment for the new joint youth club