Volunteer: Coffee Shop Assistant
Are you interested in getting some experience in catering or have some spare time each week to join our friendly team? Then why not become a Coffee Shop volunteer?
Our onsite coffee shop is open to users of the community centre, staff, volunteers and members of the public. We are looking for a friendly and practical person who could help us serve a variety of affordable food and drinks in our little shop; interact with our customers and ensure the shop is kept clean. We do not have set hours for this role however we are ideally looking for people who can offer a few hours of their time each week.
What skills do I need?
- A friendly disposition
- Good communication skills
- To be an effective listener
- A willingness to undertake training in basic food hygiene, machine and till operation
What support will we give you?
- We aim to ensure that our volunteers are matched to roles that fit their skills and experience.
- You will be provided with induction training before you start your volunteering role and relevant training throughout the course of your time with us
- Guidance from a mentor whilst volunteering
- We provide you with insurance cover
- We pay out-of-pocket expenses
What will you gain from this opportunity?
- gain new skills and confidence
- meet new people and make friends
- be part of a great team
- have a sense of achievement
- have fun
To find out more and arrange an informal chat please email:-firstname.lastname@example.org
An Enhanced DBS disclosure will be undertaken for this volunteer role.