Warminster Community Area Board held it’s first meeting in six months on Wednesday evening.
The meeting, which was held using Microsoft Teams included and update from Community Engagement Manager Graeme Morrison on Local Youth Network Activity, and planned action following the Warminster Climate Forum which was held earlier this year.
It also included an update from Area Board Chair, Cllr Pip Ridout on the planned boundary changes to the Wiltshire Council wards within the community area.
There was a number of community groups who went home happy having been successful in their application for a grant from the area board. These included:
- Tynings Allotments and Leisure Gardeners Association who were awarded £5,000 to go towards their carpark resurfacing project
- Bishopstrow Village Hall who were awarded £1,480 for their toilet refurbishment
- Heystesbury, Imber and Knook Parish Council who were awarded £2,500 for their play area equipment project
- Warminster Cricket Club who were awarded £3,000 for a new roller
- Local Guiding Association who were awarded £468 for their Switzerland Trip 2021
- Wiltshire Music centre who were awarded £1,500 for the Celebrating Age Wiltshire project
The next area board meeting will be on 12 November and will again be held on Microsoft Teams. Keep an eye on the Wiltshire Council website for the link to join the meeting and get involved!