Do you want to keep fit, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives? Volunteering in our Warminster furniture store warehouse could be the answer! Ease back into a work environment and join a friendly team to make a difference when you can.
This role is physically active as it involves carrying furniture by hand but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help such as booking in and pricing stock using tablets, building flat-packed furniture, and testing donated electrical items – you can try different roles!
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Warminster team led by Alison are welcoming and friendly, and are looking forward to welcoming new volunteers to the team
Typical tasks include:
· Ensuring the warehouse is always kept in a clean, safe and organised state
· Safely lifting and carrying (by hand) a range of furniture items, big or small – it all helps!
· Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
· Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes, carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
· Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation and giving back to your local community
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable warehousing experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts to fit around you – 3 hours once a week is a huge help!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note – we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here’s a little bit more about us:
The BHF is working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.