If you want retail, administration or warehouse experience, volunteering when you can in our Warminster Furniture British Heart Foundation store could be right for you. As a volunteer you can help with administration and reception duties, keeping furniture moving behind the scenes in the warehouse, or be front and centre serving on the till and organising deliveries.
Our Warminster team led by Alison and Mike are welcoming and friendly, and are looking forward to welcoming new volunteers to help us raise money that will help the 7.6 million people living with heart and circulatory disease in the UK.
Typical volunteer tasks include:
· Serving customers on the till and sales floor, providing great customer service
· Working on window/ shop displays and keeping the shop tidy, well-stocked and displayed to look it’s best – some light housekeeping
· Helping behind the scenes in the warehouse to keep things safe, organised and operating smoothly
· Administration – answering phones & emails, arranging deliveries and inputting Gift Aid info
· Helping with online sales & Ebay listings of our more unusual donations
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
PLEASE NOTE – we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here’s a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to beat heartbreak forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and for those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
COVID precautions in our shop:
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ store