If you want to get back into a work environment with a friendly team for a few hours on the weekends when you can, volunteering in our Warminster Furniture store could be right for you. As a weekend shop volunteer you can help with administration and telephone duties, keeping things moving behind the scenes in the warehouse, or be front and centre serving on the till and organising deliveries.
Our retail volunteers are essential to the running of our shops – we couldn’t do it without them. Whichever shop volunteer role you choose to do, you’ll be part of a small team raising funds to help the BHF save lives from heart disease
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Warminster team led by Alison are a friendly bunch, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Serving customers on the till and sales floor, providing great customer service
· Promoting our sales campaigns and Gift Aid promotions to customers
· Working on window/ shop displays and keeping the shop tidy, well-stocked and displayed to look it’s best – some light housekeeping
· Helping behind the scenes as a Warehouse Operative to keep the warehouse safe, organised and operating smoothly, including warehouse logistics
· Administration – answering phones & emails, helping with online sales & item research
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation and giving back to your local community
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts to fit around you – 3 hours once on a weekend is a huge help!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note – we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here’s a little bit more about us:
The BHF is working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.