Wiltshire Council are working closely with the BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire CCG to
facilitate hospital discharges at a time of increasing pressure in the system. We have
funding available to ease the immediate pressure and would like to hear from any
Community and Voluntary groups in Wiltshire that might be able to help with
discharge of patients to their home, working with other hospital discharge service
The support required will be varied, but will not include personal care or medical
care, and will typically include some or all of the following activities: –
• Making telephone calls telephone calls to those who are aged 65+ who have
been discharged within the past 48 hours.
• Collecting and delivering food parcels.
• Organising power to be available in the home (e.g. topping up the electricity
meter, if needed).
• Collecting medication to help facilitate discharge and helping customers to
check that new meds have been added to repeat prescriptions.
• Assisting with healthcare needs, such as reminding/escorting to appointments
and providing support during appointments.
• Conducting visual home environment risk assessments (primarily for falls
prevention) and escalating any risks to the relevant support teams, as
• Helping to arrange long term support for domestic tasks.
• Assisting customers to re-organise (cupboards, dressers, etc) to
accommodate reduced movement and mobility.
• Making up a bed that has been delivered to the home.
• Where applicable documenting visit(s) in support records in the home and
escalating any concerns to the supporting team (via telephone).
• Providing transport home by exception (patients will be able to get in/out of a
vehicle independently and do not require medical supervision).
Customers will have been passed as Covid-19 negative or Covid-19 recovered, with
If your organisation can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• the name of your organisation,
• a contact name with telephone number and email address, and
• the tasks you are able to provide assistance with.