The Wessex Water Community Fund supports charitable and community activities which aim to improve the lives of local people, especially those who are in the most need of support.
Grants of up to £3,000 are targeted at organisations where a small amount of money can make a significant difference.
The fund will seek to support a wide range of locally based groups especially grassroots and small to medium-sized organisations. We particularly welcome applications from BAME groups.
Priority will be given to work that:
- supports people in financial difficulty or those who lack access to services
- takes place in areas of multiple deprivation or rural isolation
- helps build stronger, more resilient communities
- helps people manage or avoid debt, including raising awareness and take up of utility affordability support, such as the Wessex Water schemes, among those who need it most
- educates and supports people of all ages to take steps to build financial capability, money management and household budgeting skills.
Please note: Swindon and some surrounding areas are not served by Wessex Water and therefore groups in these areas are not eligible to apply for this fund. If you are unsure, please check with us before applying.