The Voluntary Sector Expo is a celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of voluntary and community organisations working in Wiltshire to provide a variety of services, support, and activities for our local communities. The week-long Expo aims to raise awareness and promote the essential services available to Wiltshire’s communities and aid connection to and between local community-focused organisations.
Each day provides you with an opportunity to hear from local voluntary and community organisations about the amazing work they do and the difference they bring to people’s lives. Across the week you will hear from organisations working across the county including;
- Wiltshire Wildlife Trust works to help people connect with nature and live more healthy, happy, and sustainable lives.
- Youth Adventure Trust and how they help vulnerable young people from Wiltshire and Swindon aged 11-16 years old unlock their potential and lead positive lives in the future.
- and, WASP-Wiltshire & Swindon Sport who help create opportunities for people and communities to lead active lives
To small, local grass-roots groups supporting their local communities, for example
- Salisbury Food Bank provides emergency food and a listening ear to people experiencing hardship in the SP1 – SP5 & SP9 postcodes.
- Open Door Warminster. A voluntary community group, brought together out of the COVID-19 crisis to create opportunities for people who feel isolated to come together in a safe and encouraging environment, and
Zero Chippenham, set-up to look at reducing net zero carbon by 2030.
Who is the Expo for?
Everyone who wants to find out more about the voluntary and community sector in Wiltshire.
- If you are a Wiltshire resident, join us to find out about the services and support available to you.
- If you are a voluntary and community group, come to the expo to find out about
– The services and support you may wish to refer your beneficiaries to,
– The other voluntary and community organisations you may be able to collaborate or partner with.
- If you are a statutory authority or commissioner, sign up for the Expo to
– Learn more about the voluntary and community sector in Wiltshire and its diversity
– Find out about the services and support available to local residents and the difference these make to their live.
What you can expect from signing up?
- The opportunity to hear from the 35 voluntary and community organisations participating in the Expo
- The ability to participate in Q&A sessions to find out more straight from the presenters
- A YouTube channel where all the sessions will be available PLUS additional recordings from groups who wanted to be part of the week-long celebration.