At a lively Tidworth Area Board meeting on Monday 23rd September, around 40 people discussed an array of different local issues including military / civilian integration, the changes occurring in our surgeries, the new church pastoral team working with the police and many other subjects.
We were also delighted to award a number of grants to allow local projects to occur including:
• £800 awarded to the Tidworth Community Area Partnership to host an awards evening for those who have gone the extra mile in the local community. It will be held on Oct 23rd in the Memorial Hall, Ludgershall
• Friends of Ludgershall were awarded £1,307 to help them provide trips and lunches for the elderly in Ludgershall
• £1,000 was awarded to create a second local history book which will be a collection of talks given by local people. This initiative organised by Winifred Dixon is a fantastic way of recording our local heritage
• £500 was awarded to help place Picnic benches in Netheravon Park
• Wiltshire Creative were awarded £5,000 to provide a years free arts activity for young people including music, drama, graffiti, theatre and animation.
• Colingbourne Cricket Club were awarded £999 for equipment for their youth cricket club
• The Wellington Academy were awarded £5,000 to help them restore their pitches which have become unusable due to rabbits. They have already been talking to the local surgery about holding a park run there when the work has been completed
• Salisbury Museum were awarded £3,308 to run a photographic project that works with young people who need some support resulting in them obtaining a qualification
If your local organisation or club is in need of some funding then either contact Richard.Rogers@wiltshire.gov.uk
or go to
The next Area Board meeting will take place on Monday November 25th, 7pm at the Phoenix Hall, Netheravon. Everyone is welcome