This free workshop is for voluntary and community groups and organisations in Wiltshire and Swindon to find out more about the latest guidance and information available to local groups regarding restarting and running their community activities safely. It will include two short presentations with time for discussion.
Michael Rose from the Public Health Team at Wiltshire Council will provide advice and guidance on how to safely restart community groups and activities. Providing an overview of Wiltshire Council’s Community Groups Toolkit and the latest government guidance, Michael will provide information on:
· The importance of community groups and their activities keeping infection prevention and control as an overriding priority when restarting and opening back up
· What to consider and how to prepare a Covid Risk Assessment
· How to stay up to date with the continuously changing information and guidance
Helen Akiyama, the Village Halls Advisor for Wiltshire Village Halls Association and Harry Tipple, Head of Community and Business Development from Community First will share advice and guidance about delivering your services and activities, including examples of templates they have developed. Helen and Harry will provide information on:
· The need for specific hiring arrangements after re-opening and restarting activities
· Using a visual guide to help you set up the space to accommodate for Covid Risk Assessment
· How to develop confidence with your service users around re-opening
· Support Community First can offer for community transport groups
Previously, we hosted our Funder+ sessions in our Devizes office, this session will be hosted online via Zoom by WCF, in partnership with Community First and Wiltshire Council’s Public Health Team
To attend, please book your place on Eventbrite and the Zoom link for the session will be emailed to you in advance.