As part of our local maternity system, we are consulting the general public on our proposal to transform maternity services across Bath and North East Somerset (BaNES), Swindon and Wiltshire. Our proposal has been developed by all the NHS organisations that plan and buy health services as well as those that provide or manage maternity services across BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire. Over last 18 months, these organisations have worked with more than 2000 women and families, staff, and partner organisations to look at ways we can improve the services we provide to mothers and families across the region. We want to provide:
- More equal access to the different birthing options available to women
- Improved personalised care so we listen to and understand what women want
- Continuity of care to improve the relationship between mother, family and midwife
- Improved community support to provide targeted care close to home
- Integrated and seamless care regardless of where and how women choose to give birth.
This consultation period runs from 12 November 2018 until 24 February 2019.