Do you have a few hours to spare each week? Have you ever thought about being a Volunteer?
We are looking for people to volunteer at our social weekly drop- in’s, in Salisbury. The social drop-in is a chance for anyone affected by cancer, directly or indirectly – they may be a family member, loved one or carer, to come along and have a cuppa and natter together.
You could be the friendly face that welcomes people in, makes them a drink before sitting down and having a chat.
Do you enjoy listening, and chatting to others? Then perhaps you could become a Befriender?
If you have …….
• Good listening and communication skills
• Open-mindedness and a respect for different values and lifestyles
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Warmth, sensitivity and patience
• Common sense and a sense of humour
You can gain……
• Support and training within your role
• The opportunity to meet other volunteers, and gain new experiences
• Increased confidence, and a sense of wellbeing
Our social drop-in hours are Wednesdays 9.30am till 11.30am and Thursdays 2pm till 5pm. If you are able to offer your time between these hours or for one of these hours, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your interest to us direct firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form online at https://www.cancersupportsalisbury.com/volunteering
Comments and Discussion