Salisbury Area Board is inviting organisations to apply for funding to deliver an Intergenerational project that aims to bring teenagers and over 65s together, within the community area.
The board will support the project by providing up to £5,000 in funding.
The chosen provider will design a project to establish and improve relationships between older and younger people in Salisbury. The programme will be inclusive but should focus on working with disadvantaged or vulnerable groups from both sides. For example, older people who are socially isolated or children of one-parent families.
They will work with local partners such as schools, youth/older people activity and service providers, and Wiltshire Council to identify individuals and groups that would benefit from being involved in the project.
They will also provide both quality and quantity in terms of numbers engaged and longevity of relationships formed.
Submissions will be assessed on the following eight questions:
- Describe how you plan to establish an effective intergenerational project? (10 marks)
- Describe your planned methodology for engaging with the target groups? (15 marks)
- How will your outcomes be set and achieved? (15 marks)
E.g. How will there be a demonstrable impact on their wellbeing?
- How will you monitor and evaluate your programme against identified outcomes? (10 marks)
- What will your programme timeframes be? (5 marks)
- How will you develop the programme and build towards sustainability? (15 marks)
- How will you demonstrate value for money within your programme? (20 marks)
- How will the project be supported and managed within your organisation? (10 marks)
Cllr Ricky Rogers, Youth Lead for Salisbury Area Board said: “This is an exciting opportunity for an organisation/provider to get creative and bridge the generational gap between young people and older people. Both have a lot to offer one another and a successful project to connect the two would benefit the community hugely.”
Entries should be sent to Salisbury Community Engagement Manager, Marc Read by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2020