In a nutshell:
A community land trust aims to help to acquire suitable local sites on behalf of the community and then build and manage developments that people actually want… Wilton Community Land Trust (Wilton CLT) was formed in 2012 to create an effective, community led, alternative to private, profit-driven development in their area as an independent and non-profit organisation. Its mission is to empower their local community to create long-lasting social, economic and environmental improvements in Wilton, Quidhampton and Burcombe.
What makes this project special:
This project is Owned by the townspeople, managed by the townspeople, for the townspeople.
- Creating high quality opportunities and local economic benefit
- Genuine community participation, ownership and pride (of place)
- Connecting to local need as a priority
- Innovation (technological, social, economic, environmental, leadership)
- Ensuring social wellbeing
- Creating a vibrant development.
- Honesty and transparency in all we do
- Commercially viable and deliverable
- Intergenerational and inclusive
- Financially equitable
How you can replicate this project where you live:
- Establish local need
- Get people together to talk about it
- Contact Wilton Community Land Trust to get advice and guidance
Find out more and get in touch: