Homes of Our Own has a grant funding programme for new and emerging groups, this set-up funding which will be available to groups that have not received funding from previous community led housing grant programmes in Wiltshire and Swindon.
The grants are to cover community led housing project set-up costs, up to £2,000, including but not limited to:
- Forming a community organisation;
- Training sessions for members of the management team;
- Registration fees for the use of online meeting platforms such as Zoom;
- Costs associated with community engagement, member recruitment and project consultation, including publicity materials;
- Costs of incorporation, membership of a national body, registration with the Financial Conduct Authority, registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office and insurance.
More detail of the Start-Up Grant can be found on the resources area of the Homes of Our Own website. Groups who wish to apply for the funding, administered by Wiltshire Council, can do so between April and December 2021 and should email CommunityLedHousing@wiltshire.gov.uk for an application form and terms and conditions.