You may have seen in this week’s Melksham News that Melksham Town Council, in pursuit of its Strategy To Combat Climate Change, is bringing Councils, groups and businesses together to inspire, inform and involve the whole Melksham community in reducing Melksham’s carbon footprint and enhancing it’s biodiversity.
Melksham ClimateFest will take place from 10.30 until late afternoon on Saturday 17 September in Melksham Assembly Hall, Town Hall and Market Place, where there will be, amongst many other things:
– energy-saving advice
– information on grants for renewables and help with fuel bills
– Electric vehicles and bikes to look at
– renewable technologies on show
– businesses explaining how they have become more environmentally friendly
– ideas on being fashionable without costing the earth
– suggestions on how you can encourage wildlife into your garden
– an electric bus providing a park and ride from the station
If your organisation wants to share what it has done or is doing to help the planet, then you are very welcome to come and;
- run a stall to showcase your products or services that help people be more sustainable or environmentally responsible or
- give a presentation on your environmentally friendly practices or
- perform a song, poem or piece of drama to help raise awareness about the importance of environmental responsibility or
- produce a piece of artwork or an exhibition on climate or environment issues.
More details will follow but for now if you would be interested in getting involved please let me know and we can add you to the mailing list.