Wiltshire Council is continuing to work with local Town and Parish councils to develop emergency weather plans. The plans will highlight the key risks in the area, what Wiltshire Council will do, and what you can do in the community to help make yourselves more resilient. Before next winter have you asked the following questions.
- Have you checked the status of the salt bins?
- Have you updated the Town/Parish ‘Snow Plan’
- Applied for Parish Emergency Assistance (PEAS) kit?
- Understand which routes are treated by Wiltshire Council
- What are the main flood risks in the area?
- Have you got a flood plan highlighting these risks
- Have you appointed a flood warden to support the plan?
- Where are the most vulnerable locations within the community?
Wiltshire Council will once again be running the Parish Emergency Assistance Scheme (PEAS) which gives local Town and Parish Councils the opportunity to get hold of vital kit which can be used during adverse weather events. The application form is now available from firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that any requests for equipment are made by the end of August 2019.
For more information contact email@example.com