Do you have what it takes to be a Home-Start volunteer? Are you keen to help families in your community?
Home-Start North Wiltshire’s next volunteer’s preparation course starts Thursday, October 13th in Devizes, one morning a week for 7 weeks. Once trained we ask you to commit to 3 hours or so a week for up to 6 months visiting a family in their home. You can take breaks and we pay travel expenses. There is some paperwork involved for our records. Our friendly staff supports you and your family along this journey of change. So, why not join us and #makeadifference by being a Home-Start #volunteer and helping families out during this #costoflivingcrisis. Visit our website volunteering section at www.homestartnorthwiltshire.org.uk or email email@example.com for an application form
What it takes to be a Home-Start Volunteer
- You are a parent or have relevant life experience
- You understand the pressures of family life
- You are friendly, empathetic and non-judgmental – with great listening skills
- You have time to support a family by visiting them weekly in their home, for 2-3 hours
- You understand that your support for families is completely confidential
- You are willing to complete our free Volunteer Preparation Course, before meeting your first family
- You enjoy ongoing support and training and will regularly meet with one of our Family Support Organisers, throughout your time visiting a family
- You will commit to volunteering for at least one year with Home-Start North Wiltshire
- You will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
All volunteers undertake training before being matched with a family. Volunteers will learn about health and wellbeing, child development, safeguarding, community projects and the key areas of our service.
All volunteers complete up to 28 hours of training and will enjoy:
- Lots of support both during the course and afterwards, when they are supporting families, from a designated Family Support Organiser.
- Ongoing, developmental training
- Becoming part of our wonderful volunteer team! Volunteers meet throughout the year at Peer Groups and different social events.
#beahero #volunteer #becausechildhoodcantwait