To establish and continue breastfeeding without feeling under pressure, women need the support and understanding not just of their partners and families but also of the wider community. We are looking to increase the sign up of venues to The Breastfeeding Welcome scheme leading up to and following World Breastfeeding Week, which takes place 1-7 August.
What is Breastfeeding Welcome?
The Breastfeeding Welcome scheme is for any commercial and community setting to sign-up that wants to commit to providing a welcoming environment to breastfeeding women. Many businesses and other venues have an open attitude to breastfeeding, but women have no way of knowing this.
What are the benefits for you as a business or community venue?
- It makes real improvement to customer /client service
- It can attract a new customer /client base, particularly during traditionally quieter times
- It can improve your image and could get you free positive publicity
How to sign up to the scheme:
- Read through the Breastfeeding Welcome checklist and check if you meet the criteria
- Make any changes necessary to fulfil the checklist
- Register directly online: www.breastfeedingwelcomescheme.org.uk/Go-BFW/
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Breastfeeding Welcome Scheme in Wiltshire before you sign up
Please show your support and follow @WiltsCouncil on Twitter and use #WiltsBreastfeedingWelcome as we will be regularly posting during World Breastfeeding Week. Share what you can as we want to spread the word as far and wide as possible.