The Corsham Area Board is looking to support projects and initiatives that address some of the most important local priorities.
2 years ago, our local community came together in order to identify what are the priorities for the Corsham Community Area. The Corsham Area Board has now relooked at what has been achieved and where its efforts should be focussed in the coming year. In particular we are interested in supporting projects that directly address:
- Loneliness and isolation
- Supporting and including vulnerable and older people
- Thriving with good mental health
- Engage with and support all young people to broaden their opportunities and make better choices particularly around apprenticeships and employment
- Improving access to services
- Reduce single plastics use
In addition, we are also interested in projects where Area Board awards can be used to bring in additional external funding into the area or additional benefits. For example this could be to provide match funding for a Lottery application or Arts Council project.
The Area Board has 3 funding pots:
- Grants of up to £5k towards capital projects. Capital funding is buildings, land, equipment or a tangible product with a reasonable lifespan. Match funding is generally required for applications requesting more than £1k
- Funding to help with health and wellbeing projects that support vulnerable and older people including carers. The amount can range from a hundred pounds to a few thousand and does not have the capital funding restrictions
- Funding to support positive activities for young people. The funds are not restricted to capital items but applications must be led by identified need and led by young people
If you would like to discuss an idea or possible application, please contact Richard. Rogers@wiltshire.gov.uk in the first instance and I will be happy to talk it through with you.
We also work closely with Corsham Town Council who have grants of up to £500 that they can award to local projects. Unlike the Area Board grants, they can only consider application from within the Town boundary. Please contact Sharon Thomas <email@example.com>