The current situation regarding Covid-19 is having a profound effect on struggling and vulnerable households. In this difficult and unprecedented time we would like to assure you that our service is still running.
With adjustments like working from home and a flexible approach to the engagement and delivery of our work, we continue to support fuel and food poor households across Wiltshire and Swindon.
A reminder of the work we do:
- We help people access fuel vouchers through their energy supplier, various schemes or our project resources. We also act as an advocate in helping people seek postponement of payments and discretionary fuel credit through their suppliers.
- We help people connect with Foodbanks and food parcel services in their area and sign up for extra support from the government.
- We support households in a no heat situation by providing new oil filled radiators to eligible households in the short term, and referrals to installers and schemes for heating repair or upgrades in the long term.
- Through close working relationships with organisations in the area, we can refer onto numerous helpful third parties.
- And of course we offer in-depth caseworker support to make homes warmer, save money on fuel bills, seek out grants and discounts and make energy saving improvements to homes.
If you have a patient or service user that you feel could do with our support please refer to us on the link below.
Warm & Safe Wiltshire Advice Service – www.warmandsafewiltshire.org.uk/referral
Many of you may know our colleague Elliot Clark from his work in Great Western Hospital and Salisbury district hospital. If you would like to refer to him directly or would like any further information on our projects or work please don’t hesitate to email on: email@example.com or call him on: 07395 255499.
We would like to praise the work that you are doing in your communities. Throughout this uncertain time we are here for your service users; we will continue to provide ongoing support with our services and resources and please feel free to get in touch on the free advice line below if you have any questions.
Thank you for all of your truly inspiring work!
The Warm & Safe Wiltshire Team
0800 038 5722