Kington St Michael village shop has a vacancy for a Secretary and interested parties would be most welcome (this is a voluntary position). The Secretary’s duties, in the main, are as follows:
- Attend monthly meetings, take and type up minutes to circulate to the committee
- Prepare and circulate the agenda for committee meetings
- Type correspondence on behalf of the committee (this is generally few and far between)
- Send out invitations to volunteers for the bi-annual volunteers’ parties
- Give notice of the Annual General Meeting, contacting shop shareholders in advance
The new Secretary won’t need shorthand but must have access to a computer and email (most of the above duties are done via email and there is a dedicated Shop Secretary email account).
The previous Secretary has very kindly agreed to help with the handover to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
If you are interested in this position, or have any questions, please contact Linda Durno on (01249) 750514 or email email@example.com.