Where: Chippenham Museum & Yelde Hall
When: 3 hours fortnightly/weekly June to October 2019, mostly Saturdays but dates Monday – Friday also available
Applications open until: Monday 6 May
Open Day to learn more: Saturday 27 April 11am – 2pm
Play a big part in helping visitors to enjoy, understand and discover Chippenham’s past as a Visitor Welcome Volunteer. This role can be enjoyably varied, often shaped by the interests of visitors, and gives volunteers the opportunity to interact with visitors both from both the local area and all over the world.
This role will include:
- Greeting visitors and encouraging conversations to create a warm and friendly experience throughout a visit to Chippenham Museum and the Yelde Hall.
- Using a touch screen till in the shop and cash handling.
What we are looking for:
This role would suit those with a friendly and approachable manner who would feel confident and enthusiastic when interacting with visitors. You’ll be invited to attend a training session before starting, however some knowledge of Chippenham and a familiarity with digital technology to operate the till would be an advantage. Please note volunteer opportunities are open to those aged 18 and over.
When would I volunteer?
This role will primarily take place on Saturdays, although please indicate if you have additional availability Monday to Friday. Sessions are 3 hours (10am – 1pm or 1pm – 4pm), ideally once a fortnight or once a week. The duration of this role is from June to October 2019, although volunteers may be invited to continue depending on availability of roles.
What we can offer:
- Opportunity to meet new people as part of Chippenham Museum’s volunteer team
- Training & opportunities to develop new or existing skills, eg customer service
- References for future roles
- Free parking and refreshments when volunteering
- Invitation to volunteers’ party and annual trip
How to apply:
Applications are open until Monday 6 May with opportunity to learn more at an Open Day at the museum on Saturday 27 April 11am – 2pm. Application forms can be found on the volunteering page of Chippenham Museum’s website, collected from the museum or emailed to individuals. If you would like to discuss your application please contact Claire Selman, Museum Assistant, on 01249 705020 or email@example.com