Shrewton Youth Club Leader
Job Title: Shrewton Youth Club Leader
Fee: £10.00 per hour
Hours: Initially 3 hours per week as agreed
Location: Shrewton Recreation Hall
Supervisor: Shrewton Youth Club Management Committee
Support the personal development of young people in Shrewton through the provision of positive activities. To engage with, support and deliver the objectives of the Shrewton Youth Club .
Main Responsibilities Purpose
- Organise and manage a range of weekly youth activities in specified localities to engage and inspire young people.
- Support the volunteers who are helping to run the youth group (on a rota basis) and enable them to fully engage in delivery.
- Offer and signpost to accredited learning, including weekend, evening and residential activities.
- Manage groups of young people and be responsible for their care while participating in the Shrewton Youth Club offer.
- Provide information, advice, support and access to other services and agencies when appropriate to young people, families and referral agencies.
- Foster a young person centred approach at all times, ensuring there is no discrimination or bullying.
- Work closely with the clubs management committee and network of volunteers to plan, facilitate and evaluate sessions..
- Support a referral system with partners across the county, working with designated leads within partner organisations in a locality.
- Work one to one and provide practical support for young people when needed to ensure progression and personal development.
- Organise transport to activities and training sessions for young people as and when needed.
- There appropriate work with parents and carers to encourage their involvement in the support of young people.
- Maintain records as specified and submit reports and information as required.( Runaclub to be kept updated)
- As required provide evidence of impact including case studies and digital media such as photographs and videos.
- Ensure that all activities are risk assessed using the appropriate systems and ensure the safety of young people whilst on activities.
- Adhere to all organisational policies including health and safety, dignity at work, lone working, safeguarding and data protection.
Criminal Records Disclosure
The nature of the work requires that the post-holder has undergone DBS checks and has the enhanced level of Disclosure.
The post-holder will contribute to achieving the overall mission of Shrewton Youth Club by –
- Participate in the team working approach of the Club.
- Take responsibility for her / his own development, inform the Management Committee representative of any development needs and take part in prescribed development activities.
- Work within the agreed policies and procedures of Shrewton Youth Club
- Carry out such other general duties as shall be determined by the Management Committee.
- Ensure that Club and members security is maintained and confidences are not breached.
- Promote an alert approach to Health and Safety at Work matters and abide by the Child Protection and Protection Of Vulnerable Adults Policy at all times.
- Produce and record H & S risk assessments as necessary.
Shrewton Youth Club is committed to Equal Opportunities and the post holder is expected to be familiar with the Equal Opportunities Policy and to complete his or her duties in a manner consistent with this policy.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment but indicates how the contract should be performed. The job description will be subject to review and amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the post as part of the annual appraisal process. The responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not in themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In cases, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the duties of the post occurs, consistent with a higher level of responsibility, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
For more information, please contact Caroline Henry on 07876 481813