Amesbury Area Board’s Health and Wellbeing group is holding a special workshop to look at the issue of Mental Health. As you know, the past year has been extremely challenging for everyone and this has had a detrimental effect on many people’s mental health. We want to put our heads together for 90 minutes to think about some of the people adversely affected, young and old alike. The workshop will identify how we can work together on community projects, initiatives or activities that could be established or strengthened to help tackle this considerable issue.
The meeting is on 24th Feb from 2pm to 3.30pm. It has been set up fairly soon as there may be project ideas which can be developed before the end of the financial year as the Area Board has some funds remaining. The workshop will:
- Identify those groups with the greatest need in our community for Mental Health support
- Consider the provision currently available to these groups (including statutory and voluntary provision)
- Identify any gaps and what can we do as a community working together
- Share ideas for Area Board funding & initiatives (Criteria and form here: https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/council-democracy-area-boards )
- Consider other sources of funding out there
- Begin to plan a further community event focusing on Mental Health in liaison with Amesbury Area Board and partners
This will be an informal meeting and your ideas and enthusiasm to help tackle this together, is much appreciated. Please get in touch with Jacqui Abbott, Community Engagement Manager on 01722 434 344 M: 07771 844 530 if you would like to join us.