At the end of last year, Radian carried out a community consultation in and around Archers Gate, Amesbury. We had more than 70 responses and the community told us that the biggest area for improvement were:
- Access to health services
- Support and services for young people
In order to address these areas, we’re forming a residents’ Health & Sport Action Group. The aim of the group is to:
- Discuss clubs and activities you’d like to have in your community
- Plan community events around health, sport and wellbeing
- Apply for local funding grants to help improve the health and fitness of everyone in your community
This group would suit anyone with an interest in sport or wellbeing, or anyone interested in getting more involved in their community.
If you’d like to join the Health & Sport Action Group, or if you’d like to get involved in any other community projects in Amesbury, contact Hannah Hastilow, Community Development Officer for Radian (email@example.com).